Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

OOB console terminal display in windows2008

idata
Employee

My customer install SCCM SP1 on windows2008 server. We provision successfully with Lenovo/DELL vPro machine and can remotely control machine with OOB console,but there are no display in OOB console terminal when we remotely reboot vPro in BIOS. It's said that OOB console need use hyperterminal program for display and control, but Windows2008 remove hyperterminal program from accessories. We try to copy hyperterminal execution file and DLL in the OOB console directory to solve the issue,but it still does not work. Does anyone how to run OOB terminal in windows2008?

Thanks!

Bill

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Bill,

It sounds like you might be confusing hyperterminal, which is indeed no longer existent past Windows XP, with Telnet. The telnet client or server is not included by default on Windows Vista (and I assume Windows 2008). Go into your Server Manager, and select Add Features. I think the Telnet Client component will show up in there, if 2008 includes it.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Trevor's help. We install new telnet client and FTP client features in windows2008 and solve the issue. It seems that MS windows2008 remove a lot of features in new verison. Hopefully, SCCM SP2 can include the feature and don't need customer hand-on fix the problem. BTW, MS windows2008 default open firewall and disable OOB ports and need hand-on open it.

Thanks!

Bill

0 Kudos