Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Processor focus

idata
Employee

Hey All,

I put together a CAD system with a qx9650 processor. Running Windows XP64 os (to have access to 4GB of RAM) . I'm using it mainly for Autodesk Inventor.

The issue I am having is the unresponsiveness of the system when only one core is being utilized.

When Inventor (single core program) is busy working, most of the time the cursor is unresponsive (hourglass cursor). If I CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the task manager the cursor becomes available and I can do what I need as Inventor continues to work in the background.

Why should I have to CTL-ALT-DEL to regain processor focus. How do I get a multi-task environment to run as it should?

TIA

kpanik

INTEL qx9650

ASUS Maximus MB

4GB RAM

RAID 5 SATA drives

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_H_Intel

Hello Kpanik,

Which version of Autodesk Inventor* are you using? It appears the 2009 version supports multi-core CPUs.

According to the http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=12107410&linkID=9242018 Autodesk knowledge base, it's possible to Activate/Inactivate multiple processors. Have you attempted to change that setting?

This question is fairly specific to the Inventor application, so you should also send your question off to Autodesk. If they reply back, I would appreciate hearing their take on this issue.

Casey H.

Intel Customer Support

* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos