Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

PROSet Wireless 15.1.0 install problems

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have tried to instal PROSet Wireless 15.1.0 on my laptop with Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And the installer stops with the message that there is no NET Framework 4.0 but it is installed in 4.0.30319 version. What should I do in such a situation?

Best regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

On this case the recommendation will be to contact Microsoft* for further assistance with the NET Framework software and see if they have a patch or an update that might solve this problem.

Another recommendation will be to back up all your information and reinstall the operating system, then install the latest driver for this adapter.

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have installed Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my Toshiba Satellite) again with all updates from Microsoft Update (NET Framework Client Profile 4.0.30319 with latest updates). The NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile is the only version offered by Microsoft Update.

The first attempt of the installation of PROSet Wireless 15.1.0 was unsuccessful, the installer gave the same message of the lack of NET Framework 4.0.

The problem was resolved by the installation of full version of NET Framework 4.0 (Client Profile + Extended). After that installation there was the need of the update of NET Framework 4.0 from Microsoft Update (updates had been downloaded earlier for NET Framework 4.0 client version). And then the installation of PROSet Wireless 15.1.0 was successful.

But there is still the unresolved problem with a blank icon without a name in Statr Menu -> Control Panel menu which exist since PROSet Wireless 14.0. But this is probably the different problem (which does not exist on Vista x64).

Best regards,

Mark

0 Kudos