Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Poor Connectivity - Centrino Advanced-N 6230

idata
Employee

I just recieved a new Laptop a couple days ago. Dell XPS L502X, 64 Bit Windows 7 Ultimate. With Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless adaptor.

When connecting to my router which is a Linksys Wireless G (WRT54GS v5), My signal strength is rated at Poor. I have multiple devices that can connect to this same router and get excellent signal strength. I live in a condo and am sitting 5 feet from the router in the same room. My Dell 700M with XP can see 10 other wireless networks when looking for a network and my new computer only sees 2. Related to this, I have run the Intel Wireless Display software to configure the wireless adaptor and it does not recognize the adaptor. But when I run the intel diagnostics tool it is able to give a report that the adaptor is working but the signal strength is poor.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue?

I have verified the most recent drivers are installed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and received the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I was able to fix the issue. One of the antenna connectors was not connected to the wireless card.

0 Kudos