Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software - Install error

idata
Employee

Hi

I am rebuilding the OS on a Dell XPS L502X running Windows 7 (64 bit) - I am installing the drivers for "Centrino® Wireless-N 1030" and have installed "PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility version, version 14.0.1.0" but am getting an error when I try to install the Bluetooth software and driver - "PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7 64-Bit version 1.0.2". I am told that "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package, A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". This implies there is a missing prerequesite, ANY IDEAS PLEASE? The OS is a new install with the latest chipset drivers installed and OS updates are current, including SP1.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

!! You have found PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility !! I have Dell XPS L502X as well, but no mater where I seek, I can not find PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility installer (win7 x64), plz man, tell me where I can download it precisely, or give me a link or something. THX!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I found the software on rthe dell site www.dell.com, "home" tab and on the dropdown menu "Technical support and drivers" then the Drivers and Downloads" button. You then enter your service tab and can see and download oll the drivers and software applicable to your machine.

There is also a useful site at www.intel.com, you can download a program there that will analyse your machine and tell you what Intel hardware you are using and the drivers etc loaded and whether or not these are current. you can download the latest updates too. A word of caution, Dell have customised some Intel applications and so the Dell source will not cause support problems where the Intel version may not be supported.

RKell3
New Contributor I

On Dell computers, the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers need installed first or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. The system utility and the chipset drivers have the drivers for attached devices for that specific system, like the usb ports, wireless adapters and webcam, just to name a few. http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=268873&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs= How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes- thanks for the reply, I did however install in the required order when I got the error, this is the script that I followed:-

There is no Notebook System Software (NSS) for this machine

Chipset

Intel Huron River (HM67) Rev: A00 R289307

Intel Management Engine Interface Rev: A01 R292317

Renesas USB3.0 Host Controller Rev: A02 R299115

JMicron JMB389 Card Reader Driver Rev: A01 R292780

Serial ATA

Intel Rapid storage Technology Rev: A01 R296901

System Utilities

ST Microelecronics DE 351 DL Motion Sensor Rev: A01 R292318

CPU

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor Rev: A01 R292797

Audio

Realtek ALC665 Rev: A04 R300326

Video

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Rev: A06 R302134

nVidia GeForce GT540M Rev: A05 R294788

Network

Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter) Rev: A02 R298244

Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Rev: A02 R293144

Realtek RTL8111E Gigabit Ethernet Rev: A02 R302137

Applications

Dell Quickset Rev: A02 R295126

Input

Quanta H264 Webcam Rev: A00 R277344

Synaptic Touchpad Rev: A00 R293038
0 Kudos
RKell3
New Contributor I

If you insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities Disk, under utilities does it show up there?

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes... but the problem is solved for me as I have started again and installed Windows 7 then applied the drivers again following the script and this time there were no problems, all I can think of is that something was not right with the initial install. All is well now and thanks for you comments.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is just an update. I have reinstalled Windows 7 again from scratch and then reapplied the Drivers exactly as before, (I am working from a script), this time there were no problems all drivers and software loaded no problem...............computers!!!!!!

I still do not know what went wrong the first time though....where would I find installation log files ????

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I´m having this same problem.

Could someone help us?

Tks.

Aaron

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All,

There does seem to be a rare, but recurring problem with the Intel Bluetooth driver installation. Some testing with the L502X and the nature of how/why the driver finally installs leads many to believe it has somethign to do with the way the driver is"unpacked". It seems something is corrupted during this process. If you delete the driver, the driver folder, reboot, and try again you will get the results needed. It might take a few tries but alwasy seems to finally work. There is something very finnicky with this driver and doesn't seeem to be associated with the order of installation.

L502X DRIVER ORDER:

In one posts above they provide a link to a Dell support page that shows the reccomended driver installation order. However, that pattern is roughly 5 years old. There has been an update to that pattern but I can't seem to find right now. Awhile back I sdid study the differences between the two orders and recognizes some changes . After that I posted the driver order specific for the L502x including the names and explanations. I hope this helps.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/564192-dell-xps-15-r2-l502x-owners-lounge-74.html http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/564192-dell-xps-15-r2-l502x-owners-lounge-74.html (Post # 736, page 74)

0 Kudos