Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Problem with old games using intel core i3 and GMA HD

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,Firt of all, some basic information about my HP notebook:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bitsProcessor : Intel Core i3 M330RAM: 4GB DDR3Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD -GMA HDWhen i try to play a game nammed DotA on Warcraft Frozen Throne , the game freezes for 3-4 seconds every 10minutes...Always happens that even at the menu game. I think that can be the multicore processor or the GMA HD. I updated my drivers and disable many features on GMA HD but still the same problem. The unusual is that only occurs in Warcraft , not for newer games like Heroes of Newerth or Call of Duty 5. There is a interesting link that i found searching on Google : Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=983781 . I tried the "Fix # 4 - Set the Affinity Manually" but not solve at all, only got a little better.Someone knows what can i do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I experienced the same issue. However it was not only dota, it was any game played on War Craft Frozen Throne... I wondering if you had also the Gigabyte mother board GA-H55M-usb3 ... I think it was more related to the realtek codec and settings... Now I can play dota without the Freeze of the screen.

idata
Employee

Vote for /thread/13112 this thread.

Your CPU is just fine, blame sh*tty Intel drivers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Help me please dear no cost limit I can purchase easily actually I want to buy a laptop having processor Intel core i7 mobile processor extreme edition 920xm !! is it the Best of all processors ?? or is there any one better than it !! how much GHZ this processor is ?? which laptop manufacturer is best for it ?? can I use windows XP in it ?? shop in london ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I updated my video driver and its works fine now. The HP default video driver was generating such inconsistency and freezes

KTala
Beginner

How did you solve? can you help me to download driver to operate normally, since I have the same problem.@evcl

0 Kudos