cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-25M Issues

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just bought an Intel X-25m SSD. Installed Windows 7 64-bit and everything seems to be running fine.

I downloaded and installed the Intel SSD Toolbox and I it was reporting "error connecting to drive".

The drive seems to be running fine. TRIM is enabled in the OS and defrag was automatically turned off

Now when I run AS SSD the drive is shown running the pciide driver. My motherboard doesn't have any settings for IDE/AHCI/SATA modes (mobo motherboard info linked below).

Is there any way to get this drive running like it should be? The performance isn't stunning (look at the numbers below).

PC Specs

Biostar TForce TF570 SLI

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC

4096MB PC6400 DDR2

Intel X-25M 80GB SSD

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks to me that you are not running in AHCI mode, which is why AS SSD shows pciide. You would need to set BIOS to AHCI and install AHCI driver, such as the default msahci.sys or Intel IRST 9.6.0.1014

By changing to AHCI, you will get much better performance, and AS SSD scores will be significantly higher--picture below shows AHCI with Intel driver.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the response.

My motherboard doesn't support AHCI. You can't change the type unfortunately. I also can't change the driver to the default msahci.sys driver because the nForce controller driver si seen as better (assuming because AHCI isn't set).

I decided to purchase a new motherboard that supports AHCI. It should be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the SSD work in all it's glory.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, but I suggest you use the Intel driver I mentioned above instead of the default msahci driver for best results.