Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14532 Discussions

i7 980 extreme edition.

idata
Employee

I am looking for a laptop using this processor. Can't seem to find one. Can any one recommend one for me?

Thanks

photog67

8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

The reason is that it is a desktop board, you will need to look for a laptop with one of these: http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyID=43403&MarketSegment=MBL

idata
Employee

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying but I found a company called Pro Star that has a 900f laptop with the i7 980 extreme edition processor,

6 cores 12 threads, 12 GB SDRAM 1333. Does any body have any input about this machine. Would appreciate and input.

Thanks

P 903E0

C3UXAH

idata
Employee

Have you got a link for it? i can't find it anywhere....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

they look good, would be interesting to see how they keep em cool

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I asked them the same question. Waiting for reply.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Wow! It's amazing people know how to do that stuff. I want to thank those of you who replied for you information, it all was helpful. I am a photographer for the past 37 years that I know about. Computers I manage to be able to solve some simple problems. So your input was helpful.

Now I at least have some new links to look into. Prostar replied to my cooling question. Basically they said that the heat sinks are larger and that there are plenty of cooling fans to support the i-980 ex ed processor. I need a new laptop but when I buy new equipment I always try to buy the best that is out there at the time. Thanks again guys

John M

0 Kudos