Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

EAP-TTLS driver for 3945abg Windows7

SHans11
Novice

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect to the eduroam network. Is it necessary to install the PRO/Set Wireless Software suite? is there a seperate driver? and when, which driver should I install?

Greetings

9 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
SHans11
Novice

Hi there,

thank you for the link to the intel download center. I've alredy found it with google ;-) For me it is not possible to find the driver I want, because I don't know if I have to Install the Software Suite or if there is a seperate driver like CISCO-LEAP.

Greetings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, the download for win 7 says drivers only... therefore i would assume you don't need teh software suite.

0 Kudos
SHans11
Novice

Hi there,

thank you for your fast reply. What I want to know is if the reqired EAP-TTLS driver is included into the suggested driver? I've installed the 12.4.14 version from my computer vendor, but there isn't an actual one on their website...

Greetings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
SHans11
Novice

Hi,

installing the new driver only doesn't have any effect.

Eduroam is a Wireless network wich provides an internet connection without proxies and access to your private directory (if exists) without VPN-Clients at participating universites and universities of applicated sciences. The problem is that we have the install the SecureW2-Client software for the EAP-TTLS support which might not be standard in my situation ;-)

I know, that there is another solution than installing additional software...

Greetings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

TBH i don't know... but i will get a friend of mine to have a look and see what he thinks, he is much better at this stuf fthan me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

It seems that you must install SecureW2-Client software for the EAP-TTLS.

I dont think that there is any workaround.

I Google it for ages, just like probably you did...

Out of interest. Why you cannot install the additional client software. Is it a university policy?

Kind Regards

Span1shUk

SHans11
Novice

Hi there,

and thank you so far. I wondered why I have only to install additional software on a windows system. On any unix based system (mac, linux) or iPhone/iPod it isn't necessary to install additional software for using eduroam!

The solutions I got are saying that I have to install at least the Intel PROSet/wireless Software. Like on IBM ThinkPads the "Access Connections"-Tool. That aren't the results of decade-long google-marathons ;-), but I thought a bit support can aswer me the question why there isn't a simple driver which provides the feature I want.

Our native Wireless lan will be disabld some day so that we'll have to use eduroam. So when I have to use it, I have to install another program, running in background, transmitting some data... not satisfying.

Or they'll change the auth so that I can use the built-in microsoft PEAP-driver... perhaps after the stone age ;-)

Thank you so far.

0 Kudos