Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

AMT7 setup via IntelSCS

idata
Employee
Can anyone confirm, the Intel AMT 7 on a (dell optiplex 990) I have setup the system with intelscs but cannot turn off the user consent.

Finding out the machine that have been purchased in Dubai had VPro was a great "safety net" have had to send one back due to local tamping and setting a per boot password that not even Dell could reset for me.

I am biased in the UK and would like to get into the bios of the three system and set a bios password, the replacement to the tampered one will also require our standard build applying.

When ever I turn on remote KVM i cannot turn off user consent, the type of work I wish to do on these systems I do not want the end user there watching so no one would be there to give me the pin sprite

I have been able to turn off user consent in previous versions ( I did have to setup VPro directly ) rather then the SCS tool

I have seen that I might now need to generate Certs to allow Admin Client access as the system currently reports standard client

How do I fix this ?

Is the user consent option still only accessible first time to turn on from the local machine at boot up ?

Or do I need to get a trusted cert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

User consent is activated by default when systems are provisioned in Client Control Mode. In Admin Control Mode it is disabled.

How are you performing your provisioning, ACUwizard, ACUconfig, USB?

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

User consent is activated when the client is provisioned in Client Control Mode. If provisioned in Admin Control Mode, this is disabled by default.

How are you provisioning your clients, USB, ACUWizard, ACUconfig?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sorry for the late reply

It was by ACUWizard.exe

I will take a look at the steps you have sent me later when our Dubai site stops

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

The acuwizard provisions clients in Client Control Mode for AMT 6.2 and above and there is no provision to change the User Consent using this method. You are unable to disable user consent in client control mode, except by going thru the MEBx. During provisioning you will need to use admin control mode, which utilizes Acuconfig.exe with the ConfigViaRCSOnly switch.

0 Kudos