Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Lenovo U510 w/Intel HD 4000 Graphics, Windows 7 x64 screen flicker

idata
Employee

So I just purchased a U510 ultrabook and it arrived yesterday. Looks very slick, obviously stole some ideas from the Macbook. But alas, as with the last 5 things I bought from Lenovo, nothing but problems. I keep promising myself I won't order anything else from them, but then the value is there so I break down.

Anyhow.

It comes loaded with Windows 8 which at this point to me is unbearable, so I format the HDDs and loaded Windows 7 Home x64. Everything goes smoothly until I install the Intel HD 4000 driver. Whether or not I use different versions, it doesn't matter, the screen will just flicker like crazy. I mean I can see what I am doing for the most part but it is unusable. So I uninstall the driver and it acts normally. I call Lenovo and they want to charge me to fix it even though it is a day old so to hell with that.

I then attempted to load Windows 8 back on there thinking maybe it was just with the driver for 7. NO. Same thing happens as soon as I load the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver.

Anyone else having issues like me?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Teemoo,

What driver are you installing (specific version # please)? Also, can you provide a copy of the systems dxdiag for me to take a look at? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Just copy & paste it here (or upload elsewhere and provide the link) and I'll see what I can find.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos