Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel® RST service is not running and will not start.

idata
Employee

Hello all

Having a problem with the new RST drivers 11.6.0.1030 on one of my systems in that the drivers seem to work (listed as installed) but the Rapid Storage Technology application does not load I think this is due to my setup that the new RST does not like that was fine with RST 10.8.0.1003.

A big change you have made to 11.6.0.1030 is that you have two .sys files iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys from the one iaStor.sys in 10.8.0.1003 and as a result causes the "Intel® RST service is not running" for my setup from what it seems.

System that works with 11.6.0.1030 for the Rapid Storage Technology application

64bit win 7

P965 ICH8R

RAID ROM 6.0.0.1022 and SATA set to RAID

Only a SSD and ODD on Intel ports

System that dose not work with 11.6.0.1030 for the Rapid Storage Technology application

64bit win 7

P55 PCH

RAID ROM 9.5.0.1037 and SATA set to RAID

Three SSD and three HDD on Intel ports

Two HDD & ODD on Jmicron ports set to RAID/AHCI

Anyone else experience this problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MSmit17
Novice

me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It also happens that RST 11.2.0.1006 runs fine on my P55 PCH that uses the one iaStor.sys just the application in 11.6.0.1030 not happy will my setup.

Still odd that RST 11.6.0.1030 runs on a P965 ICH8R and why did you have to rename for Disk drives & DVD/CD-ROM drives that are listed to have "SCSI disk Device" & "SCSI CdRom device" on the end? Its not needed and can cause stupid windows to want reactivation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Tried 11.7.0.1013….still fails to start the GUI back to 11.2.0.1006 I go.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I just built a H77 based setup with a clean win7 x64, installed RST 11.7.0.1013 (full iata_enu.exe http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&changeLang=true&DwnldID=22194 Download Center). It confused me after reboot, as I couldn't see the GUI utility that usually starts up and shows in the notification area. After about 90 seconds from login, the application//GUI started (by appearing in the system tray, with the usual blue status of delayed service start) and then about another minute or so later, the RST service kicked into gear.

So it appears to be working here, but since i've been running RST 10.8 elsewhere, I missed the step where apparently the UI has been delayed from starting/appearing in the notification area.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Success RST 12.5.0.1066 now works and I suspect it was down to way the new drivers hooked on to other SATA ports not by Intel making them list as SCSI when Intel drivers had nothing to do with them ports.

And again windows wanted reactivation I hope Intel do not change the iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys from the one iaStor.sys drivers because I hate how dumb windows activation is in thinking I have changed or add hardware when all I have done is install RST from the change of one iaStor.sys to iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys.

0 Kudos
MSmit17
Novice

As a matter of fact we are covering the issue here:

0 Kudos