Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

this is week 3 on the igxprd32.dll file not working . . . .any help in here?

idata
Employee

i'm currently having problems with watching video or gaming content. the video will go blank then come back on, but the graphics will look like 8bit instead of the 32bit i have. error message points to the IGXPRD32 file saying its either currupted, misssing or blah,blah,blah. so i've spent 3 weeks now researching the solution. . .no luck. i've unistalled the display driver and then reinstalled in hopes to rewrite the file. . .it"s still all bad. the drivers i've dwnloaded i got from the HP site. i have a HP dc7700 ultra-slim dsktp w\XP pro. and using Intel(R) Q965/Q963 express chipset family / GMA 3000. does anyone know of other compatable drivers and if so, do i uninstall the chipset family and install the alternate driver ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

You can try using the latest generic driver for that video controller, driver version 14.36.5.5016 (6.14.10.5016) which was released since December 2008. The file is posted at:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+82Q965+Graphics+and+Memory+Controller+Hub+%28GMCH%29&ProdId=2583&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+82Q965+Graphics+and+Memory+Controller+Hub+%28GMCH%29&ProdId=2583&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39

Also check updating the media player and games you are having issues with. You could also try using a newer operating system in your system.

idata
Employee

Thank you for your response Diego_Intel, it is greatly appreciated. I had already tried that driver along with the ones from HP. I went to SAFE MODE and then device manager, drivers, then clicked on the Express Chipset Q965/Q963 and then uninstalled. But the system said it wouldn't allow it. But I restarted anyway and logged on normally and the driver was uninstalled. I then went to the updated file I had downloaded and ran the install. It installed no problem. . .I went to YouTube and played a random video, it always plays no problem, but it's when I click to increase the screen size, it freezes, then the " IGXPRD32" error report pops up and the sceen looks like a 8bit screen. I'm trying any suggestions before I feel the only alternative is to reinstall XP completely. Any other suggestions ?

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Other than that you may need to try another operating system to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Kudos