Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Movie Maker 2012

idata
Employee

I have Inspiron 1764:

procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz

Memory 4GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system

Intel(R) HD Graphics driver 8.15.10.2104

ActivX 11

Everything is up to date!

Today I downloaded Windows Essentials 2012 but Movie Maker not work!!! I have this mesage:

"Sorry, Move marker can't stop! ... etc"

I asked Microsoft about this problem, and they said this:

Hi Dumitru,

We have checked the latest driver on Dell website and it seems the driver is too old. Please wait for your computer manufacturer's response because they might have newer versions for the driver.

The Dell producer does not reply anything! Please help my with new driver from Intel(R) HD Graphics driver 8.15.10.2104!

Theank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Dumitru

I think you mave have an OEM specific (Dell) driver installed on your system that will block installing the latest Intel HD Graphics generic driver. There is a way to install the generic driver and overwrite the OEM installed driver however, you must be warned that you will lose any OEM customizations Dell made to the driver specific to your system.

If you want to try the generic driver, follow these steps:

Download the latest graphics driver for your system is can be downloaded http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21777/a08/Win7Vista_64_152257.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=21777&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)* here.

1. Extract Win7Vista_64_152257.zip to a folder on your desktop.

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Double click on Display Adapters

5. Double click on Intel HD Graphics Family

6. Click on Driver tab

7. Click on Update Driver button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" option

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option

10. Click on Have Disk button

11. On the Install From Disk dialog, click Browse

12. In the Locate File dialog, navigate to the folder you extracted the driver to in step 2 above.

13. When you have navigated to that folder, navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. In the Graphics sub-folder, you will see the file "igdlh64.inf", double click this file

15. You will then be back at the "Install From Disk" dialog, click OK

16. You will then be back at the "Update Driver Software" dialog, click Next

17. The driver installer will now start, wait for it to complete

<span lang="EN" style...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thanks, but it is not ok!

p.s. I solved the problem!

See below response to Mr. Robert_U!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Dumitru

I think you mave have an OEM specific (Dell) driver installed on your system that will block installing the latest Intel HD Graphics generic driver. There is a way to install the generic driver and overwrite the OEM installed driver however, you must be warned that you will lose any OEM customizations Dell made to the driver specific to your system.

If you want to try the generic driver, follow these steps:

Download the latest graphics driver for your system is can be downloaded http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21777/a08/Win7Vista_64_152257.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=21777&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)* here.

1. Extract Win7Vista_64_152257.zip to a folder on your desktop.

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Double click on Display Adapters

5. Double click on Intel HD Graphics Family

6. Click on Driver tab

7. Click on Update Driver button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" option

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option

10. Click on Have Disk button

11. On the Install From Disk dialog, click Browse

12. In the Locate File dialog, navigate to the folder you extracted the driver to in step 2 above.

13. When you have navigated to that folder, navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. In the Graphics sub-folder, you will see the file "igdlh64.inf", double click this file

15. You will then be back at the "Install From Disk" dialog, click OK

16. You will then be back at the "Update Driver Software" dialog, click Next

17. The driver installer will now start, wait for it to complete

<span lang="EN" style...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much!

I did it! It works!!!

I was desperate, especially after I asked for help from Windows and Dell, and ... nothing!

I got the answer, but without the desired results!

Thank you again!

KDref
Beginner

I'm tagging on to this thread in hopes that Robert_U can help me as well. I have been using WLMM that came with my system with no problem. Over the weekend I upgraded to MM 2012 and now get the "Sorry, Movie Maker can't start" message. I meet the system requirements and HP says my graphics driver is current.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model p6-2007c

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.91 GB

Available Physical Memory 4.04 GB

Name Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Driver Version 8.15.10.2291

Is it possible that I have an OEM specific driver installed that would block the installation of the latest Intel HD Graphics generic driver?

Thanks,

Kris

0 Kudos
EMitc2
Beginner

Hi,

I would like you to help me as well. I spent a week on this problem to no avail. I have a similar problem as the original poster, but am not sure I should follow your solution. Here is my problem:

I have spent numerous days on this problem with absolutely no results.

1. Last year I used Movie Maker just fine. I had 1,192 slides plus music for all the slides and had no problem with Movie Maker or burning a DVD.
  2. This year I have 924 slides and music to cover the slides and I have tries at least 10 times to make a movie to no avail.

I have done the following things:

1. After I edited all photos with Picasa3 and added text to the photos, I tried to open Movie Maker and the application told me it could not start.
  2. I looked under Microsoft Community and found out that I need to update my graphics drives. I installed an updated graphics driver. My current driver was 8.15.10.2291, probably 32 bit driver? My new driver information is:

Name Intel(R) HD Graphics

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_04ED1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10

Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics

Adapter RAM (2,084,569,088) bytes

Installed Driversigdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32

Driver Version 9.17.10.3517

INF File oem34.inf (iSNBD0 section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xFE000000-0xFE3FFFFF

Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000F000-0x0000F03F

IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967290

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

3. My previously edit picture were all too dark and looked awful.
  4. I Used a Microsoft color calibration to get them to look a bit better; however, they still were not a crisp and bright as before.
  5. I tried to make a movie. This time Movie Maker open and I tried to make a movie. The program stopped with the message "not enough memory to save the movie".
  6. I changes the picture duration from 7 seconds to 5 seconds, the wide screen to standard screen (4:3) and the movie resolution to DVD.
  7. I tried to make a movie again and received the same "not enough memory" message.
  8. I ran Windows Essential Repair and received the following error 0x800C0006. I could not find this error on the Microsoft Website.
  9. I completely reinstalled Microsoft Essential and it seems to install OK, even though I did not get any message (not very user friendly).
  10. I checked my memory status and it is as follows:<p style="color: # 000000; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; font-style: normal; fo...
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Evelyne,

I understand your frustration on this matter but let me guide you.

Based on the information report you have provided it seems your computer is currently running the latest graphics driver from our side. I can recommend you reinstalling the driver again in case it is not working properly.

Here you can get it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23764 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23764

If you find problems during the installation of the process refer to the following page:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

In regards the configuration of the software and internal problems when modifying photos I would strongly recommend you contacting Microsoft since we are not specialized on the software.

0 Kudos
EMitc2
Beginner

Thank You Kevin,

This has and still is a frustrating ordeal.

While I was waiting for an answer, I called Dell Support. They informed me that I do not have a graphics card but an Intel: Intel_Chipset-Software-Insta_A01_R301321. So he pointed me to their latest chip set update. I was a bit comprehensive installing it, but finally did it. Still got my same memory error. I called Microsoft and they wanted $149 to fix my computer (they thought I may have a virus). I got angry and thanked them for their No Service!

I then rummaged around on the Microsoft Community for Movie Maker and "Not enough Memory". I saw where someone suggested to split the array of photos into 2 parts. I did this and now I have both parts saved in the suggested High Resolution (1400x?, MP4 Video Format) and the DVD resolution (760x?, Windows Audio/Video File Format).

Next step, using the Microsoft DVD Maker program I used last year, I burned a DVD with the 2 High Resolution parts. It burned OK, but the photos are terrible and distorted in the vertical direction. What I found later by the name, the program actually took the DVD resolution parts. I found out Microsoft DVD Maker does not use MP4 Video format files. How it used the low resolution movie is still a mystery to me.

I am writing all this to you so someone might benefit from my experience.

Still have to produce a decent looking DVD.

Thanks, Evelyne

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for sharing these details with us. I am sure this will be very helpful for other users.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JKami5
Beginner

Robert_U

THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! This indeed worked. I am utterly astonished that anyone could debug this problem. I am using an HP Pavillion running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, with Intel HD graphics display adapter . I had been using an earlier version of Windows Live Movie Maker that had been pre-installed when I got this PC (I believe it was part of Windows Live Essentials 2011). I recently began giving occasional errors so I figured it would be prudent to install the latest version. To my horror, after downloading and installing Windows Essentials 2012, movie maker would give me this error and refuse to start. I tried fallback to an earlier Windows restore point that appeared to recover the original version of Movie Maker but that program now would not run (giving me some kind of error about an invalid directory). Everything I could find at MS Windows indicated that my system met the minimum requirements. I applied the driver update as described above and ... !!! voila!! Movie maker is now working again.

0 Kudos
KinDu
Beginner

TO RobertU

5-2014 and your answer is still helping ! I own a Toshiba Satellite intel i5, windows v7. I've been all over the place, trying all sorts of "solutions". Your solution is the one that worked.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

It is good to know it is still being a correct answer for this issue. Thanks for sharing it with the community.

0 Kudos
AH6
Beginner

Thank you for your solution, I finally got Movie Maker to work after years of running into dead ends. But I do have one question now, after following your steps whenever I start my computer a message pops up (the picture that I have attached) and if I do not click run the programs that usually start up once the computer turns on do not start (for example my weather app and Skype). As well, the message pops up twice and I have to click run twice before normal start up ensues. I was just wondering as to how I could make this not routine, as it was not an occurring message until I followed your steps for movie maker. Any help is welcomed, Thanks.

0 Kudos