Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel hd 2500 driver causing boot failure in windows 7

ssidd3
Beginner

i recently installed windows 7 on my new system with core i3 3220,previously i had windows 8 it was not booting after 3 months of use,

after installing windows 7 and installing all drivers ,system is restarting at windows 7 loading screen,when i uninstalled all the drivers using windows 7 safe mode then windows booted normally, so in order to diagnose the problem i installed each driver at a time and restart.and thats how i came to know that intel hd is causing problem.

maybe its driver or hardware.

what should i do ?

claim warranty or try something else?

i installed latest intel hd 4000/2500 driver for windows 7 64bit from intel website.

everything works fine when intel hd driver is not installed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

In order to further assist you on this, could you please provide/review the following details:

What is the model of the motherboard/computer that you are using?

What is the BIOS version installed?

What is the Intel® HD Graphics driver versions that you have installed in that system?

Have you updated the system BIOS and Microsoft* .NET Framework?

Is the operating system using the latest Service pack available?

0 Kudos
ssidd3
Beginner

Gigabyte GA B75M-D3H BOARD WITH LATEST BIOS.

LATEST VERSION OF intel hd driverevrythig is up to date

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Try using the version video driver 15.28.4.2843 that has been provided by your motherboard manufacturer directly at this URL:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150# dl GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

The fact that this driver from your motherboard manufacturer would cause the same behavior, may indicate that there could be a hardware problem or the operating system being used is somehow corrupted. You could try a separate partition or drive to test a fresh operating system installation using the minimum components possible to test these drivers again in order to isolate the problem.

0 Kudos