Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

how to set Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 for wake on wlan (WoWlan)

pstar2
Beginner

Hello Community,

I built HTPC (AsRock Z77, I5-3570K, Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235) and would like to use Ipad3 as remote controler togerher with XBMC

Well, still I can not realize configuration for wake on wlan (WoWlan) using Intel 6235.

Original delivered wlan card Realtek RTL8191SE (with MBO AsRock) was able to do WoWlan, but I replaced it with Intel 6235 because of 2 dual-band.

Present I have driver 15.7.0.3 in use

Please for support in this matter

How can I use 6235 for wake on wlan!?

best regards and many thanks

peterstar

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello peterstar, I am sorry for the delay in the response. This information was not available at the time you posted here but I have requested this since then.

Requirements

• WoWLAN is supported with Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software 15.6.0 or later.
  • WoWLAN is supported with Microsoft Windows 8* only.
  • WoWLAN is supported on specific OEM platforms only. Check with your manufacturer to determine if your system is supported.
  • Supported Adapters:
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless –N 2230
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless –N 2200
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
    • Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
  • Coexistence with Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)
    • WoWLAN features will be disabled if Intel® AMT has the following enabled:
      • Platform has Intel® AMT enabled, and
      • Intel® AMT is configured to operate in S3, and
      • Intel® AMT is configured to use WiFi

Enabling and Initiation

WoWLAN is initiated upon suspend under the following conditions:

• WoWLAN is enabled in the OS level, in the adapter settings dialog.
    • Note: the magic packet checkbox is optional and will limit the wake reason to be only due to magic packet received.
  • The WiFi adapter was configured by the OS with a valid WoWLAN configuration (wake patterns and/or protocol offloads), for example by an app using WoWLAN.
  • The WiFi adapter is associated with an AP.
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is also important to notice that in your case the wireless adapter and its integration must be validated by the system/motherboard manufacturer.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

0 Kudos