Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS HD4000 NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

DH_1
Beginner

I am going to relentlessly keep posting until Intel fixes this.

I power on in morning, I do not see ANY Bios info, post, splash screens etc. I do hear the windows chime, and then monitor says no signal. I then hard reset anywhere from 10-40x until my monitor decides to work. This procedure can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour

ONCE THE MONITOR IS WORKING I cannot reproduce the problem, until the system is shutdown FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD -- and for lack of a better word, "cools" off. In other words, If I get the monitor on, I can reset, restart, hard power off, or whatever AND THEN RESTART AGAIN WITHIN A FEW MINUTES and everything works fine.

This problem is the most annoying thing I have ever dealt with in the computer world. I have a feeling it is something to do with my monitor, but I really do not want to buy a new monitor and have the same problem, so I wait.

I have changed cables VGA is also not working.

I have switched cables from hdmi to dvi (single link) to vga IT IS NOT THE CABLES.

Can anyone give me a step by step to troubleshoot this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Your issue is being tracked in the thread /message/201137# 201137 https://communities.intel.com/message/201137# 201137.

No need to double post.

0 Kudos