1024MB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM

250GB S-ATA Hard Disk Drive

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M

DVD +/- RW Double Layer Drive with LightScribe

56K Modem, Wireless802.11b/g

Wireless802.11b/g WebCam

1 Year Limited Warranty

1st question-

Helo all i want to ask you all this [Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4200] will produce a lot heat?Or will it overheat easily?

As an example last time i bought my dekstop 4 years ago,i bought a intel pentium D 2.8ghz....this pc really easy to overheat..i play online game also overheat...need to open my pc cover and open a fan to my cpu then only no overheat.If i close all the pc then overheat.

Please tell me wether this[Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4200] processor easy to overheat or not...Thanks you a lot...

2nd question-

Helo all i want to ask you all this [Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M] can use it to play online game and can this graphic card see movie and can this graphic card support a good graphic online game?Because normally online game the requirement graphic card is need Nvidia graphic card or Ati graphic card

3rd question-

Helo all i want to ask this is this laptop good for gaming?I will upgrade it to 4GB RAM after i bought it.

From-Future Intel Buyer

mailto:Email-boneles_ge@hotmail.com Email-boneles_ge@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Scorpio,

Okay I am going to be pretty concise here. The laptop specified here is a fairly decent machine which if upgraded to 4GB would perform better however do check if you are using a 32-bit OS since they have to be patched to support RAM of capacity of 4 or more Gigs. Now moving ahead, T4200 is a fairly reasonable CPU for performing day-to-day operations however the cache is 1MB which definitely doesn't set it in competition with it's other family members such as CoreDuo or Core2Duo that have L2 cache size of 2 or greater capacity. Answering your questions:

1- It should not overheat lest you try to operate your notebook in a room temperature exceeding the limits defined and you to be even more careful, use a laptop cooling tray while working for the heat channel to dissipate heat properly.

2- 4500M is a standard on-board graphic controller which would give you a reasonable good performance especially if you are trying to watch a movie or play a game (even offline) that doesn't have much of graphics requirement. In case you want to play heavy games such as Quake, Resident Evil, etc that do require a good GPU, you would definitely require a machine with an nVidia or an ATI GPU to give you a good performance while handling graphic engine processing effectively.

3- With current configurations as I said earlier, it is a fairly decent performer for day-to-day activities such as internet browsing, documentation and media such as playing movies and songs however if you want it to be used as a proper gaming console i.e. Gamer's PC ... I would be fairly honest and say no. Not even with RAM upgrade, it can't beat the gaming PCs. In fact if you really want to do online gaming, I'd strongly suggest that you opt for a desktop with a processor such as Core2Extreme or Core i7/Extreme with an external GPU, which would definitely raise the cost however give you the performance that you need.

I hope it helped. For any further questions or queries, feel free to contact us.

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, anybody knows why t4200 not listed under Core Duo group on http://ark.intel.com/Default.aspx ?

on this link http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37251 it syas # number of cores = 2, so it's Duo ?

Or some other consideration, also my laptop with T4200 (Toshiba) doesn't have Duo on sticker ?

thanks

V

0 Kudos