Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

i920 'locked' C0/C1 cannot use ddr3 1333mhz ram?!

idata
Employee

I recently build a rig using the Asus P6T and a CPU I brought from MicroCenter, a i7 920 C0/C1. Believing the the Motherboard plus Ram was bad i'm on the 2d MB plus 3rd set of Ram with the exact same problem - I cannot get this rig to post to 1333mhz - The CPU with OC with no problem at all but as soon as I move the Ram anything towards 1300 It will not even post to the Bios. Right now the ram speed is at 1282mhz, the highest I can post to.

In the Asus p6T forum I was told that I have a 'Locked' 920 - I thought all 920 before the D0's came out were 'locked', but still OC-friendly using the proper Bios settings. This was concluded as when I switch to 'Manual' in the AI Tweaker, the ' Turbo ' option completely dissappears as an option in my Bios. Does anyone here have a clue as to this being the case?! I have seen mulitple Site and on Forums with persons able to get there C0/C1 920 ram all the way past 1600 even, so what's the deal here? Mine came in the Blue Box/w fan, everything seemed ok till this problem! Help!

0 Kudos
0 Replies