Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Wireless will not let me put in my password to connect, can anyone help?

idata
Employee

Hi,

Wireless will not let me put in my password to connect. I am using Intel Proset/wireless wifi connection utility the strange thing is my wirless has an n in a purple circle but all the other connection I can see has just a g in a green circle. The other wireless i can see with just the g will let me put in a password, but mine sends me to a different menu before asking me to put in a password which it will not let me type into. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Wayne

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vpetr21
Beginner
IMHO Intel ProSet is extremely user UNfriendly

After wasting hours fighting with it I switched to Windows Wireless Connection Manager and my problems have ended for good!

You need about 10 seconds to switch and end the suffering

see http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20701/~/disabling-various-third-party-wireless-card-utilities-in-windows Disabling various third-party Wireless Card Utilities in Windows | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Disabling the Intel PROSet Wireless Utility

Step 1:

Locate and right &# 144;click on the Intel PROSET Wireless utility icon located at the lower right corner of your Windows Desktop.

Step 2:

Select Use Windows to manage Wi&# 144;Fi on displayed on the menu options.

0 Kudos