Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Need help upgrading from an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2Ghtz

idata
Employee

I've recently upgraded my GPU for gaming from an Nvidia 8600 to a Nvidia 450 GTS. I'm looking to further enhance my gaming experience but I have absolutley no clue on what to look for in a processor. In fact I'm not comepletely sure if I'm in the right place, a friend told me to look into upgrading my CPU so I'm guessing that's the processor. <_<

So, with gaming in mind, could you guys recommend some products I should go look into?

Specs are:

Windows 7 - 32 Bit OS

3 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 GPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2Ghtz CPU

I would appreciate any help on the issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Please contact your motherboard manufacturer and check with them what processors are supported by your motherboard so you can determine wich is the best processor for your motherboard.

If you have an Intel motherboard please check this link:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/index.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/index.htm

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

What mother board do you have now and is it a Intel , Give part # and rev. # . Maybe I can help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I opened the panel and looked.

Part Number is 5188-8019 C7AR806-02485

Not sure what rev number, I think I'm over my head..

If that info helped in any way, how outdated is that board? Would it be benificial to upgrade the motherboard as well when looking to upgrade my cpu?

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

That does not sound like a Intel part # , Is this a store bought computer, if so what Brand and model??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I bought it online, HP Pavilion a6250t customizable pc, i looked up my purchase history to find out what motherboard was available at the time but the link isnt available anymore.

I was hoping this would be as easy as upgrading a gpu, looks i was wrong <_<.

0 Kudos