Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

GMA X4500HD Black Screen

idata
Employee

I have a DG45ID motherboard and the onboard video is giving me problems. I'm running windows 7 32 bit on it and when I first installed it ran my 24in monitor's resolution by default (1920x1280). When I installed the drivers for the video card it would go to a black screen on reboot, I figured out it was the resolution. If I try to change the resolution to 1920x1280 it would stay black until it reset. I reinstalled windows and never installed the drivers and everything seemed fine. Now randomly I can no longer get to the 1920x1280 resolution, I had to reboot in low resolution mode and now I can only get up to 1440x900. Since I did not install any drivers I don't know how this can happen. Is this a driver problem or a hardware problem? Can someone point me to video drivers which should absolutely work with win7 32bit?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

So I installed the intel driver and on restart it worked. A week later and I restarted again and it will no longer work. What is going on?

Update: today when I got up I randomly tried 1900x1200 and it worked. This seems to be completely random. What is going on?