Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

tearing image during video playback

idata
Employee

Hello!

I get horizontal tearing during video playback. It generally does when there are a lot of video changes going on.

I changed display resolutions to a lower values but the problem still goes on. I'm using native resolution, 1366x768, refresh rate 60Hz on ASUS Notebook P50IJ, Embedded Intel® GMA 4500M (Driver version 8.15.10.1872, Driver Model WDDM 1.1), 3GB RAM, T5870, 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate, DirecX 11.

I tried to reinstall codecs and video card driver. I tried some media players like MPlayer 6.4.9.1, Windows Media Player 12, VLC Media Player 1.03, BSPlayer 2.43, Winamp 5.57. I'm using the latest version of K-LiteCodecPack but i tried another codec packs without any success.

screenshot: http://androvics.madnet.sk/image1.jpg

The problem will be with my graphic card i think. Is there an fix to this problem? Thanks for the reply.

Attila (atteee[@]gmail[.]com)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

i have the exact same issue. did you find any solution? please let me know! thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Increase Virtual Memory

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click on View by and set to Large Icons under Category. Click System.

3 . In the left pane, click Advanced system settings.

4 .On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

5. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, choose Change.

6. Click Custom to change the Initial size (MB) and Maximum size.

Hot tip: Keep the initial and maximum size the same to cut down on your CPU access. This will stop your CPU from constantly change your Virtual memory paging size. Also set the size 1.5 times higher than your physical memory.