cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Error in Windows 7 x64 Latest Firmware/Software

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I updated the firmware on my 160gig x25-m G2 drive to the latest. I then installed windows 7 x 64 from scratch on an intel DP55kg motherboard.

When I run the toolkit 1.2 and scan the drive everything is OK. When I go to the tools to optimize the drive it gives me "Intel SSD Optimizer Error" with no other explanation.

I have tried chaning the ACHI drivers from Intels to Windows but that did not fix the issue. I have also turned off the scheduled defrag (which you should always do for SSD drives) and I turned off windows restore. It still does not fix the issue.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are using the default msahci driver in AHCI mode, you do not have to run the Optimizer, the TRIM function is automatic.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The error happens with both the Windows and the Intel drivers. If you are using the windows drivers (which turns on TRIM) people have still found that running the toolkit works and makes a difference. So this still is an issue.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have run benchmark tests both ways, using optimizer and not using optimizer--no difference for me. You do not have to run optimizer with AHCI mode and msahci driver in Windows 7.

Try reinstalling Toolbox. Do you have the latest firmware, 2CV102HD?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes I have the latest firmware. I just reinstalled the toolbox, but still the same issue.