Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Pentium D 820 expected 2.8Ghz, only getting 1.2Ghz per core

idata
Employee

Intel Pentium D 820 reported 1.2ghz expected 2.8ghz. Using the Intel processor ID utility. Any ideas as to why? Can't find similar situations in discussions.

Would really like to get some help if ANYONE knows how/why this is working this way, and what could be a possible remedy.

Message was edited by: ekardnevets

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

take a look at your temperatures, or in bios check cpu target temperature(disable, or set to aprox 75-80 degrees celsium), disable cpu thermal trhottling, that should work )

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1.Check with the desktop board manufacturer that the processor indeed is supported by your desktop board

2. If they are indeed compatible, make sure that you have the latest desktop board BIOS.

3. Check if the system BIOS is reporting the correct processor speed if it is the problem may be related with the operating system.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i want to change my motherboard

please suggest which latest motherboard suppots pentium D 820 2.8 Ghz.

please suggest me.

my email mailto:mujeebpeer@yahoo.co.in mujeebpeer@yahoo.co.in 

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

truth, but if mainbord max FSB multiplier is lower than processors, than procesor wont work on it i.e mb has 15 max multiplier FSB X 15 = CPU clock and ur CPU has for example 200 X16 =3,2GHz socket is supported, than compyter will not turn on.. had the problem, with my new CPU..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I finally resolved this issue by replacing the CPU. I suspect that the Pentium D 820 was not supported by motherboard. This thread should be closed now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

please suggest me. 

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

please suggest me.

my email mailto:mujeebpeer@yahoo.co.in mujeebpeer@yahoo.co.in 

0 Kudos