Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Windows 8.1 new Graphic Driver kill Battery life

OPion
Beginner

Hi Guys, I have a EliteBook 8470p. I did the Windows 8.1 driver update for the graphic card.

I think they are not doing well. Battery life when from 6h to 1h45mins and computer is warmer (more heat).

Intel Corporation Graphic Adapter WDDMM 1.2, 1.3, HD Graphics 4000 release December 2013.

I'll roll it back, but I don't understand why creating an update that is so bad.

Thanks guys,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Olivier1983,

Sorry to hear that.

I recommend you uninstalling the current driver and installing the latest one again that can be downloaded at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

In case the issue persists, I recommend you to update the bios driver and the Management engine in your computer. You can do this by contacting the computer manufacturer.

0 Kudos
OPion
Beginner

Fail.

BIOS is up to date same as Management engine.

Why would I contact HP for drivers that YOU released on Microsoft update? I simply re-installed the HP Drivers (October version) and everything is working fine.

I'm telling you, your new drivers create overheating and the heat fan runs non stop draining the battery.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We appreciate the feedback on this matter. It is important to say that the drivers that you install through the Windows Updates are windows generic updates and not Intel® updates.

The drivers that the manufacturer provides are design and created specifically for their units. This is the reason why it is important to install their software.

0 Kudos