Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Can someone provide me with the correct driver

LKalm2
Beginner

I have had an issue with my Excel 2013 crashing on a daily basis. I have posted numerous times on the Microsoft forum with no luck correcting this issue. I wanted to see if perhaps my drivers needed to be updated and Toshiba suggested I contact Intel directly incase Toshiba did not have the latest drivers. I have windows 8.1 and my current driver is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_FB001179&REV_09. My laptop is a Toshiba P855-S5102, with 64 bit. When I went to Intels drivers download page I think the driver suggested gave me an error so I wanted to make sure I was trying to download the correct one. Here is the error and if someone can tell e which one to download I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Larbec7,

I would strongly recommend using the drivers from Toshiba for your system. Toshiba customizes the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers specifically for their systems. Installing a generic driver would overwrite the customizations and the system may not perform as designed. Here is the link to the Toshiba driver page: http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3574906 Satellite P855-S5102 Support | Toshiba would also recommend that you ensure that you have all Windows updates installed, including the Microsoft Office updates.

Thanks

Robert

JVort
Beginner

thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you caught what I mentioned above. Toshiba strongly recommended I go to lintels web site and download the latest drivers. Hmmm. I've had this issue for over a year. Microsoft says it's Toshibas issue. Toshiba says it's Microsofts issue now, Toshiba says downLoad from

INtel and Intel says download from Toshiba hmmmm. I just want to get my computer fixed

0 Kudos