Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Where to find updated features/bug fix information about Intel ProSet Wireless drivers?

BScha7
Beginner

Good afternoon,

I do not see any read me files with my latest download (Wireless_17.14.0_Ds32 package) that explain any of the new features or things fixed from the previous version of the driver. Does anyone have a link to where this information is located? I'd like to be able to tell my boss the reasons we should update to the latest driver or see if the latest version will fix issues that existed in previous drivers.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Schappy26,

Currently, we are not posting release notes for new versions of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers, since most of the changes are made at a deep-technical level that would make it difficult to understand.

We recommend you to use the current driver version of http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software whenever possible.

Recent releases have improved connectivity and performance, also fixed issues resuming from sleep and hibernate modes, among other enhancements.

If the Wireless adapter was installed by an OEM, you should contact the PC manufacturer to obtain drivers and they may be able to provide the Release Notes for their driver releases.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Schappy26,

Currently, we are not posting release notes for new versions of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and drivers, since most of the changes are made at a deep-technical level that would make it difficult to understand.

We recommend you to use the current driver version of http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software whenever possible.

Recent releases have improved connectivity and performance, also fixed issues resuming from sleep and hibernate modes, among other enhancements.

If the Wireless adapter was installed by an OEM, you should contact the PC manufacturer to obtain drivers and they may be able to provide the Release Notes for their driver releases.