Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Windows 10 driver v10.18.15.4098 breaks Modern Apps!!

ACann4
Beginner

Windows Update insists on installing driver 10.18.15.4098. However as many have already posted, this driver causes all Modern apps (including the Windows Store) to stop functioning! Because of the bug in WU which forces all updates to be installed in the current preview, it makes Windows 10 literally unusable.

Uninstalling the driver immediately brings back Modern App functionality. The previous driver did not cause this problem, but WU will only show the latest one, so I am only able to downgrade to the Windows Basic Driver for a limited time...

Any solutions? What causes Modern apps to break like this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Alexcannas

This issue is currently under investigation. Please remember, this is a beta OS and beta drivers, there will be issues discovered.

Thanks

Robert

ACann4
Beginner

Thanks Robert, it is understandable. If you need more information for troubleshooting let me know.

On a side-note, I did notice that DXDiag also crashes on the Direct3D property page with this driver. The same is true for other Direct3D applications, so it seems to imply that the driver is not loading properly. System is Yoga 2 Pro, with HD4400 graphics.

0 Kudos
ACann4
Beginner

An update: As of a couple of days ago the driver decided to load properly. I had left the computer to go to sleep and when it got out of sleep the driver loaded properly. Now everything appears to be working properly. Strange... (Unless a corrected version was pushed through Windows Update without me noticing).

0 Kudos