Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

My Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5ghz Randomly runs at 100% in games.

idata
Employee

So ive had this problem for a few months, and i didnt figure out what was causeing it till now. When i am running any game, randomly throughout gameplay my CPU will peek at 100% and remain like that for about a minet or 2, and during this time, the game freezes and locks up or lags very bad. this happens about every 7-8 minets. On some games its still playable, but on higher end games, im frozen for the duration. I at first thoguht it was the video card, but i updated drivers and tryed on loweest settings, and it still persisted. It wasnt until i was running a game with the Resource Manager running, did i notice my CPU went from about 60% to 100% when the frame dropped occured.

Has anyone had a similer problem or heard about any method to resolve this?

Ive had this laptop for 1-2 years now and it never did it until the past few months.

Any help is appreciated, because its seriously starting to get on my nervs.. haha.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

anyone know anything that might be helpful?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi if it never did tis before then the biggest chance is that the CPU fan + heatsink are dirty i would suggestyou givce tehm a good clean, i should imagine that would solve your issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

well it just started doing this recently, like past couple months. and it does it randomly when i have a game running, but it is so predictale i cant imagine its from a dirty fan. would a dirty fan really cause the cpu to goto 100% like that?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well yes, otherwise what would be the point in me suggesting it?.i just cleaned a mates laptop out last week, had same problems as you. Fresh install of teh OS and a good clean inside sorted it out completly.

Aprt from anything else..what do you have to loose? if you never have cleaned inside it will need it anyways...

Thats a point, when did you last do a fresh install of the OS?and what OS are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i gotta exact problem like u when i'm playing games (it's ruin my nerv) this cpu is sucks....

0 Kudos