cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-25V firmware update fails

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

When I try to run the firmware updater on my X-25V (in an Acer netbook, SATA set to AHCI) I get an error message that starts something like:

[PMODE/W] Abort: 00

Exception: 0D

followed by some more cryptic stuff. It just fails completely. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running the updater tool from a USB stick as I don't have access to a cd drive for my netbook.

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I wasnt aware that there was any real firmware update for the X25-v but...if there is...there should be no prob doing it by way of USB as I also have an Acer it I do everything by USB. Make sure of course your bios is recognizing the USB as its primary boot though.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The download page for the firmware does specify that it supports the X-25V 40GB model.

I have it set to boot from USB, and FreeDOS boots just fine - when I try to run the updater get the odd errors. It doesn't get to the stage of asking me any questions or anything - just fails with the cryptic errors.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi... does your netbook give you the option in BIOS to run in IDE (compatibility mode)? Firmware update should be done from IDE, not AHCI.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah, misread the instructions there...

I've just tried it again with the BIOS set to IDE mode and I'm getting the exact same errors.