Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Disappearing Profiles

idata
Employee

Myself, and a number of us here where I work, are tearing our hair out because our wireless profiles keep disappearing. I can create them and connect find. However at some point (could be after I hibernate, restartm, not sure) and I try to conenct again, all the profiles are gone requiring me to import them again. Generally I go between work and home and just use that two. I suspect it is something to do with my work account since recently I just spent 2 weeks traveling and created a number of profiles (work related and public) and during numerous shut dows, restarts, hibernates etc they never disappeared. In fact, it wasn't until i was back at work, had logged in and then went home that I saw that they were all gone. In this case all the networks had simple security and hence why I think it is my work settings (my home net has good security). At work we are using:

- Enterprise security, WPA2, AES - COMP, PEAP (MS-CHAP-V2) with 082.1x enabled and nothing selected under Cisco Compatible Extensions Options

I did have Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software 12.2.2.0 and just upgraded to 12.4.4.0. Not sure that fixed my profile problem because now I can't connect I guess I will have to roll that back.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I assume you are running XP, correct? What's the model of your Intel adapter?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, sorry, XP with SP3. Under hardware I see "Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection" and "Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN".

Well the upgrade to 12.4.4.0 did not help (didn't hurt either, I had an error when I said I was having trouble reconnecting after the upgrade).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since you're using 5100 adapter, i recommend that you uninstall the entire SW from your machine, reboot, and upgrade to the latest SW package 13.1.x.x and configure new profiles. Go to Intel Customer Support to find the latest SW package for your adapter. I hope this will solve your profile disappearance issue.

I believe profile disappearance has to do with your OS build. If the issue keeps occurring, then some sort of OS functionality keeps deleting your profiles which you need to figure out. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hmmm, it was the intel diag tool that told me the 12.4.4.0 was the latest. I am guess it is in the OS but will see. Thanks.

0 Kudos