Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

will my new s1200btl Server Board work with i5?

idata
Employee

Hi

I know that spec's from Intel say that s1200BLT is for i3 buy maybe they where written before launching i5. Will that MotherBoard work with the Intel Core i5 processor?

Warm regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately the answer is no. Reason being i5 doesn't support ECC memory, while the board requires ECC memory.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Edward,

Thanks for your prompt answer on this issue!

I did buy a new i3. Than I checked the tested, as indicated on Intel supported memory list and bought the KVR1333D3S4R9S 4giga from Kingston.

Beep, beep, beep was the answer!

After long testing I found that the detailed S1200BTS (this is my motherboard, not BTL), needs not registered equal to non buffered memories but the KVR1333D3S4R9S are registered!!!

Is this the problem? Is the Intel compatible memory list wrong?

Please help me: I need to get running server 2003 and this is Nº 3 mother board, Nº 2 processor and Nº 3 memories!

With warm regards,

Claudio Gervai

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes you're correct. The S1200BT board supports UDIMM only, not RDIMM. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I'll escalate the issue and get the memory list corrected ASAP. Please choose Unbuffered DIMMs in the list.

Regards,

Edward

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Edward,

This time, Amazon is sending me 2 KVR133D3E9S/4G Kingston Memories: let's see what new surprises are waiting for me!

Thanks for your replay on a Sunday!

Regards,

Claudio Gervai

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The memory list is fixed.

0 Kudos