Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Can the Z68 be configured for RST and a traditional RAID array at the same time?

idata
Employee

Can the Z68 be configured for RST - rapid storage technology and a traditional RAID array at the same time? That is, can one use two SATA ports to set up RST, and also configure other SATA ports in their own RAID array?

I've looked for an answer to this without success.

I did find out the H67 express chipset can't manage more than one RAID array. I won't be surprised to learn the same for the Z68. Which is to say, your choice: either RST or traditional RAID, but not both.

"SRT" changed to "RST". I'm a little dyslexic.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Yes it can. But be warned, RAID Write speed is awful slow (30-50mb)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

on my z68 i only have two drives so i did raid o, plug the sata ends in the connectors which support raid o, i made the 1tb driver the master and the 64gb ssd the slave, downloaded the irst 10.6.0; the status screen sais that the system is function normally, but when i go to increase size i click the array but next to the name the only option is to change the name i look every where and there is no place to change volume size exept for the data stripe size. the volume size is 119 gb, out of which i only have 53gb left, i don't want to change the size in bios in fear to miss things up. what should i do

0 Kudos