Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7444 Discussions

PROSet/Wireless WiFi connection utility problem ... can't enter password

idata
Employee

I have just installed a Belkin N600 HD router with WPA/PSK activated. I have been able to connect every other device in the house by entering the password when requested after initiating a connection to my router network. However, when I try to connect my Compaq 8510w laptop which is running WinXP Professional, I get the dialogue box asking me for the Device Ownership Password, the cursor is in the text box but it is not possible to enter any characters. What is going on please? TIA ... Greg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I am having the same problem. I have just installed a Cisco Linksys E3200 Wireless Router. I have been able to connect my Mac laptop by entering the password when requested after initiating a connection to my router network. However, when I try to connect my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop which is running WinXP Professional, I get the dialogue box asking me for the Device Ownership Password, the cursor is in the text box but it is not possible to enter any alphabetical characters - only numbers.

I also need some assistance,

Tom

0 Kudos