Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Intel 5100agn and Windows 7 x64

idata
Employee

Hello,

My specifications...

Toshiba Satellite A300-202

Wireless card: Intel 5100agn

Windows 7 x64

I am having a lot of problems connecting to wirless networks, whenever i try to connect to a wireless network i click on connect, it asks me to insert the security key and after a few seconds it just says windows couldn't connect to the network. I thought it could be a DHCP problem, so i inserted the ip/mask/gateway manually but it still doesn't let me connect. I have also tried to add the network in sharing and security center manually and then try to connect but with no success. There are a lot of problems on the internet relating Windows 7 x64 and Wireless networks, and i'm pretty lost in here. I have tried so many solutions but none gave me joy. I have also tried disabling IPv6, i have the latest drivers for my wireless card.

One strange thing, is that when i get the windows couldn't connect to the network i click on solve problems and after a while it says the diagnostic policy service isn't started. Opening service.msc i can see that the diagnostic policy service is set to automatic start but it hasn't started, when i force it to start it says error 5 access denied. I have tried both my admin account or the administrator account that comes with windows, but both give me the same error.

Any ideas? Right now im thinking about trying to install a Windows Vista x64 driver and see what happens... Thanks in advance for everyone help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies