Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Unattended Setup Guide for ProSET Wirless 13.x

idata
Employee

Looking for updated unattended guides for PROSet Wireless 13.x for XP and Win7.

The ADDLOCAL settings have obviously changed.

Similar to this one for 12.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-030736.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-030736.htm

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

The ADDLOCAL settings on that page should work with PROSet 13. If you have a specific question or need assistance, please post it here or contact technical support. As soon as updated information is available for 13.3 I'll post the link to this thread.

Thanks,

Ilenek

Intel Customer Support

idata
Employee

If it makes any difference, I'm using the Intel PRO-Wireless 6200 13.2.1.5 Win7x32-ENTERPRISE.

Does the fact that I'm using the enterprise version make any difference?

I didn't see any ADDLOCAL settings for "My WiFi" for example.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

And using v 12.4.4.5 for the 2100 Series, I'm getting the error "Error 2711. The specified Feature name ("WIFI_SSO") not found in Feature table.

Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

The 2100 series is not supported with v12.4.4.5. That is why you are getting an error message. Check the http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm table for supported software/hardware.

There are some differences with the PROSet Advanced Enterprise version - you might want to check out the http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031772.htm supported feature list. However Intel® My WiFi Technology is one of the supported features.

You can use WIFI_IPAN with ADDLOCAL to install Intel® MWT on Windows 7*.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ilenek

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Actually I'm trying to prevent the installation of My Wifi. It appears the MSI installs My Wifi by default.

If I run the MSI with "ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver,WIFI_Software,WIFI_UI", it installs fine, but when I try to import a profile from and Admin Tool package, ProSET continually prompts for credentials and will never connect.

If I install without the ADDLOCAL line, the Admin Tool package works as expected, using the windows logon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Which file did you download the software the EXE or the ZIP file? The desktop engineer was using the EXE file to install the software in the laptops, but I was using the files from the ZIP file to install the software and create the profile. I got the same results as you, where it kept asking me to enter the credentials. I remove the software, reinstall using the files from the ZIP file using the msiexec parameters, running in silent mode, after that completed, I executed the profile.exe file that I created from the Admin Tool, rebooted laptop, and then login, pop up the pre-logon screen like I wanted.

Is the PROSet Advanced Enterprise version only for Windows 7?

Question: Can you have a persistant connection while using the pre-logon profile? If so, how do you create the profile? If you pick persistant while creating the profile, it does not give you a option to use "windows logon" option.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was using the ZIP file to both install PRO/Set and use the Administrator Tool.

I was only able to correct this issue by removing the ADDLOCAL line from my MSIEXEC command.

I don't see an Enterprise version for any of the XP PRO/Set installations.

You would have to define both.

You can't use the windows logon for a persistant connection because the persistant is active even when no one is logged on, so you have to specify a certificate or a service account to use.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Matt,

Please clarify yourself: so you have to specify a certificate or a service account to use. Mostly on the certificate?

I used the following command:

msiexec /i "C:\Software\Intel Wireless\ICS_x32\Disk\XP\x32\Install\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi" /quiet ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver,WIFI_Software,WIFI_UI,WIFI_Simple_Config,WIFI_SSO,WIFI_PLC,WIFI_Help,WIFI_Troubleshooter,WIFI_Custom_Help,WIFI_Admin_Toolkit

The command worked for me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It appears the "WMI Support" component is no longer packaged in the Proset Wireless 13.3/13.4. Was this intended or accidently left out? Incidently, I'm leveraging the WMI to extract adapter information in one of my WSH/VBS scripts.

0 Kudos