Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Reset Problem

PYang14
Novice

Recently I use my laptop to create hotspot for my phone and other devices using Connectify. But sometimes the hotspot disappears and restarts in a few seconds, the system log says that 'The network driver requested that it be reset'. And after some of these warnings, the network adapter becomes not responding, cannot scan Wi-Fi networks and even I cannot enable or disable it. When I try to enable or disable, Device Manager becomes not responding. I have to restart my laptop to use it again, but the restart process would stuck everytime, so I have to press the power button to shutdown. That's really annoying. I wonder if there are any solutions.

Driver Version: 18.20.0.9

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

iKirby,

Although some Intel® Wireless Adapters may come with this feature, they were not designed to support hotspots and Intel does not offer support for this feature and that may be the reason as to why you may encounter some difficulties while attempting to conntect. Does the adapter show problems only when you attempt to use it as a hotspot?

0 Kudos
PYang14
Novice

There are some events I found in the Event Viewer.

ID 5007, 5035, 5010,5002 and 5005 from NETwNs64, but all the description is

The description for Event ID XXXX(one of the IDs listed above) from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP5

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file.

And there are also some warnings from NDIS:

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 4 time(s) since it was last initialized.

If I just connect to Wi-Fi networks, it works normally. These only occur when I turn it on as a hotspot.

And I have tried some old drivers, but all of them didn't work.

Thank you:)

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

iKirby,

Unfortunately we do not offer support for hotspot as our wireless adapters were not designed for this purpose. Please try to contact connectify and see if they have any workaround that might help. Please access this link: http://support.connectify.me/category/3-hotspot Hotspot - Connectify Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
PYang14
Novice

Thank you.

I've already contacted connectify and now waiting for reply.

0 Kudos
GPact
Beginner

Hi,

Did you have any joy with this?

I have the same issue with the same combo of Wireless card and error on my Dell laptop...

Thanks

0 Kudos