Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

Problème Wi-Fi

JSean
Beginner

Bonjour, je n'ai pas trouvé de forum français désolé. J'ai un problème Wi-Fi. J'avais Intel Proset Wireless d'installé sur mon Windows XP mais j'utilisais Windows pour gérer le Wi-Fi. J'ai donc voulu désinstaller le logiciel Intel Proset Wireless mais depuis, Windows ne peut plus se connecter en Wi-Fi. Comment régler ce soucis ?

3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello iPanorama,

We would like to mention that this forum is supported in english, using an online translator I understand you uninstalled Intel® Proset/Wireless Software from your system and you are not able to connect to WiFi after that. If this is the case, you can try installing Proset again. The last version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows XP* was 15.18.0 and can be downloaded in the following location:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22785 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows XP*

Please take into account that you can also obtain drivers and software for your wireless adapter from the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support.

Let us know if this helps you resolve the issue, if not, please provide additional information like wireless adapter model, PC brand and model, why did you uninstall Proset? along with any other information you consider relevant about this problem.

JSean
Beginner

I can't install the software because i don't have Internet. I used the System Backup to come back before the uninstaling. I wanted to uninstall Intel PROSet Wireless because i ask Intel to use Windows for Internet. I thought Intel PROSet Wireless was a additional software and my computer can alone connect on Internet like other recently Windows. I didn't know it's a important software

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

In this case, if you removed Intel® Proset/Wireless Software and the drivers for you adapter, you have a few options available in order to re-install the drivers:

- Use a wired connection to the internet to download the wireless driver again.

- Download the driver using a different PC then copy the file to the other one with a removable storage device (ie: USB thumbdrive or optical media)

- Check if your PC came with a driver CD/DVD and obtain the software from it.

0 Kudos