Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

PROset 10.1 has stopped picking up my home wi-fi, I've not updated anything, any ideas?

idata
Employee

My ageing laptop is running Windows XP (SP3) and Intel PROset 10.1.0.6

It has previously worked fine in picking up my home wi-fi but now doesn't. It does not show the network on the 'wireless networks found' screen and when I select it from Profiles and click connect, it will not connect. No error messages are shown. If I open the Intel Wireless Troubleshooter it shows 'Currently there are no issues reported'. I've not changed anything on the laptop.

My home wi-fi is working fine with other devices.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello John,

Please verify with the computer manufacturer if the wireless adapter (hardware or software) switch is on. You may also want to install the latest compatible drivers with your wireless adapter. If the issue persists after the previous steps you may need to check with computer manufacturer for a possible replacement of the adapter.

Regards,

Joe H.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello John,

Please verify with the computer manufacturer if the wireless adapter (hardware or software) switch is on. You may also want to install the latest compatible drivers with your wireless adapter. If the issue persists after the previous steps you may need to check with computer manufacturer for a possible replacement of the adapter.

Regards,

Joe H.
0 Kudos