Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD2500 Dual Display with HDMI Issue (Update?)

idata
Employee

I just received a Dell OptiPlex 3010 (i5 with Intel HD 2500 onboard) and was attempting to setup dual/extended display. After some searching I found out there was (is?) an issue with the Intel HD adapter and not finding the HDMI connection. I found that I could make it work by disabling the adapter in device manager, then enabling, then hitting the Windows + P key to select extended display then resetting the "output to" option for VGA primary and HDMI secondary. (The HDMI will actually be displaying a constantly running presentation while the VGA will be the desktop). Is there a real fix for this issue as the post I saw was in 2012 and months later it seems the issue persists. Any help is appreciated as I tried to script the disable/enable device which works as well as the rest of the key strokes but when the user changes their password this workaround will cease to function in the scheduler.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm guessing this bug still exists and hasn't been corrected? Can anyone confirm if they are aware that is indeed the case please?

0 Kudos
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi MrHappy,

We are aware that in some system when you use the HDMI connection what you get is just a black screen. We are currently working on it and there is no estimated time for the fix yet.

Thanks!

idata
Employee
0 Kudos
JComf
Beginner

I'm searching for a solution to the same problem.

-Dell Optiplex 3010

-Core i5 3470

-HD 2500 Graphics

-HDMI and VGA output

-HDMI to DVI adapter (tried Dell's and others)

-Viewsonic VX2235 and HP L1955 monitors

-Intel 10.18.10.3621 5/17/2014 driver (also tried Dell's latest)

Notes for Dell's latest BIOS update do not mention this as being addressed, so I would like to hold off on updating BIOS unnecessarily.

I've tried changing and saving the settings in the Intel graphics control panel. The "Multiple Monitors" option only appears after the above work-around.

Above work-around works, but system reverts after log-off, sleep, or re-boot. Running a script is not an option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand Intel is still working with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Intel engineering to try to sort this out as soon as possible.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JComf
Beginner

Allan,

Many thanks for the update, and confirmation of issue.

I tested with an HDMI monitor from home, and system works in dual display (HDMI + VGA).

To achieve stable DVI / VGA dual display, options have boiled down to: 1) new HDMI monitor, or 2) Add a video card.

I've grudgingly added a $30 AMD 5450 video card, and system now works in dual display, DVI + VGA.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for testing and posting your results.

Allan.

0 Kudos
DAnto5
Beginner

hi, just stumbled upon the same problem - bought a new second monitor, connected it through DVI cable and signal is lost right at the beginning of windows start screen. are there any news regarding this issue?

thanks

0 Kudos
DAnto5
Beginner

ok, updated to latest driver and problem is fixed!

thanks!

0 Kudos