Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Confusion over PROSet software for N6235

idata
Employee

I have a Centrino Advanced N6235. I was looking through my Programs & Features list, and I found two different PROSet softwares from Intel and I'm not sure about the duplication.

The first one is "Intel PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth + High Speed" (v15.5.5.0480, 3.88MB) and the second is "Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth Technology" (v2.6.1210.0278, 90MB). Can I know which exactly is the one I need and which is redundant? It'll be silly to think there are two separate software to do the same function.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

This is completely normal, both are different applications since one is used for high speed bluetooth and the other one is the utility for your Centrino Advanced N6235. The applications complement each other so its better to leave them installed the way they are.

Regards,

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

This is completely normal, both are different applications since one is used for high speed bluetooth and the other one is the utility for your Centrino Advanced N6235. The applications complement each other so its better to leave them installed the way they are.

Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos