Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How do I fix Matrix Storage Manager failure to install?

idata
Employee

My mobo is a DX58SO. Before I was able to successfully install WinXP, I had problems with setting up RAID 10. Ctrl-I on startup now shows 4 healthy drives, but says it needs a rebuild which will be done by the OS. Fine, but now that Win XP is loaded and running, I can't get the Matrix Storage Manager to install. There is no indication as to why the install fails. I suspect it is because the RAID 10 needs the rebuild, ...or not. Is there some way to fix this? I don't mind going back to square 1 and reloading windows, however, I don't know how to get Matrix Manager to install, or repair the array, or even totally remove the RAID ICH10R driver so I can start over. Where do I go next. Much thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

if you have 4 healthy drives in a RAID 10 volume, you should have the RAID driver installed on your system already - because you have to load the driver via F6 so Windows XP* can recognize the RAID controller and load.

and if the driver is loaded, the rebuild should begin automatically as soon as the OS loaded.

what I'm wondering is whether the rebuild is actually in progress - because if that was the case, I can see why the software might not let you update the driver that's rebuilding the system while the rebuild is in progress. [I haven't ever tried this to know if that's true, but it seems logical.] but if you don't have the UI/Event Monitor installed, there is no way to monitor progress.

what if you let the system sit for a day or so - while up and running so that the rebuild could occur if indeed it was in progress - and see what happens??

idata
Employee

Thanks for the info. You are correct, the system was rebuilding and is now healthy. However, I am still unable to load the RAID Console from the drivers cd. Is it possible that the 2 are mutually exclusive. It appears that I can monitor the health of the array by watching things load on startup and if there are any failures, correct them through F6. However, it would be nice to have the ability to check and repair from within windows. I have that on another pc and it is a useful feature.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you tried to extract and install only the GUI files, excluding a new driver install, over the command line?

Look in the Readme or Release Notes to find the details.

0 Kudos