Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

e5200 core temp

idata
Employee

I have e5300 cpu on gigabyte g31m-esl2

the cpu temprature in between from 17c to 34c depend on load.

but the core temp is all wayes 53c. from turn on and regardless to load.

is possiable it hardware problem?

how should check what the cause it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Actually if your system is reporting high temperature under high workload, you will need to check for motherboard manufacturer. All temperature reporting is down to the motherboard mainly.

It can be due to any of these:

a) bad integration

b) PSU not ATXv2.2

c) Chassis is not TAC (Thermally Advantage Chassis)

d) BIOS Issues.

e) Monitoring Software

Make sure that you are reading the temperature from the BIOS itself.

Possibly, in your case, if the temperature in the BIOS is stable, there is nothing wrong with the system. The monitoring software can report wrong information sometimes.

Since you are using a non-Intel Board, i cannot advise you to use Intel Monitoring Software, it wont work. Intel software are designed to work on intel board and the reporting result can be checked from our datasheet for further information.

Kind Regards,

Aryan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

when I look at the BIOS. I notice that the BIOS report only CPU temp (30c), no core temp.

is it posseable that the value of 53c temp for core is software default value and not real value?

because the MB /BIOS may not support core temp?

Regards,

Yuval

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What OS? What software do you use to measure the temp.? Try another software. If you do not have problems, my advice is to not upgrade BIOS, a faulty temp. readout is normal , find an IR temp. measurement tool ( thermometer ) or just use a multimeter with the temperature measurement attachment ( thermal couple i guess in English ) and measure directly the temperature of the CPU, the core temp. is not reported correctly in many cases, and even it is, it's always higher than the CPU temp, as it's taken inside the CPU and the CPU temp. mainly by sensors in the MB, but not always and not on all cpu/mb so... Just make a burn test and see if it fails that is the best thing to do and be sure that your system is stable.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yuval,

If the reporting temperature in the BIOS is 30c, then definitely there is nothing wrong with the CPU and the board. Probably, the software is misreporting the temperature as Setekh said in the previous post.

I dont know if Gigabyte does have their own monitoring software, if yes, it is best to use it, as it is designed to work with the board Gigabyte.

Like Intel has Intel Desktop Utilities.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks for yours help.

I have use coretemp, realTemp and everest. (xp sp3)

all show same temp, 53c core temp (static) and cpu temp monitor from 17 to 34 c.

I hope the sensor of the cpu not malfunction.

Thanks

Yuval

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yuval,

Happy to be of some help. Well, if the system overheats, try the steps i mentionned in the earlier post.

Test the system out of the chassis.

Make sure to have latest bios

Reintegrate the cpu with new thermal paste (pea-sized)

Use power supply atx v2.1 - 2.2

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos