Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Beep Codes for x3330 processor and server board s3210shlc

idata
Employee

Can someone point me in the right direction or post the url for the beep codes for x3330 processor and server board s3210shlc?

I was getting two long beeps at boot when I had a E7400 processor. I have since replaced the processor with an X3330 and now I am getting two long beeps and two short beeps at boot. I've search for what this may mean but the best I could find was for two beeps saying I have a parity error...nothing about two long and two short beeps in sequence at boot.

Thomas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3200sh/sb/e14960008_s3210sh_tps_r1_7.pdf# page=95

but you're not going to like what you read.

Have you tried cross testing the memory?

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I found out that the PNY memory I was using does not work with the S3210SHLC board and was the reason for the 1st 2 long beeps. I was told by Intel support that the 2 short beeps after the 2 long were a count of the numbr of USB devices I had attached. So I shutdown and unplugged one of the USB devices and sure enough only 1 short beep after the 2 long.

I have since replaced the PNY memory and now am receiving 1 long, 2 short (usb devices) and then 1 long 1-2-1. Now what does that mean. I read one board that said the refresh rate has a problem and another spot that said 1 long beep is normal. Should I be concerned?

0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

has the server ever worked before or is it a new installation?

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is a new build. Intel said to change the memory again to one that is on there list and if that does not work they would replace the S3210SHLC board.

0 Kudos