Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

X58 Cipset driver installation error

idata
Employee

Hello

My PC hardware remains un-changed since about 2 years. Nothing the less I found an Unknown device these days. The first thing I tried, is to update the device driver directly from the chipset installation package (I tried the packages INFUpdate 9.1.0.1007, 9.1.2.1007 and 9.2.0.1021).

This all endet up every time with "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver ..." and "Intel(R) 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hib GPIO and Scratch Pad Registers - 3422", "The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry".

Next, I tried to install every of these three Chipset Packages, which all endet up with and "Unknown error", the last entry in the installation log window in all cases was "Intel(R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 Trusted Execution Technology Registers Version: 9.1.1.1026".

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Rev.1 with the X58 chipset, 12GB RAM (tripple channel) and a Core i7 940 installed.

Any idea to fix 1st: the Unknown device error and 2nd: to update to the latest chipset installation file ?!?

Tia, Cheers

Bernd

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

When updating the chipset drivers , run the update package from the command prompt with the - overall switch which will cause it to replace all current drivers with the new ones.

It is also possiable the Gigibyte is using customized headers and only the drivers made and posted on there site will load.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2958# dl http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2958# dl

idata
Employee

Unfortulately the -overall switch does not help; I have just tested with the newest infinst_autol.exe, Version: 9.2.0.1030. Also the chipset update from Gigabyte reports the same error message.

Any other idea, how to update my X58 chipset drivers?

TIA

Bernd

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos