Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 drivers do not work with DVI connector on ASUS P8Z68-V LE

idata
Employee

Hi,

ASUS P8Z68-V LE motherboard, with Intel 2500K processor, Windows 7 64 home premium

The DVI output disappears after the initial windows booting up screen. VGA works.

I've tried the following drivers:

15.22.50.64.2509 (from intel website)

15.22.1.64.2361 (from intel website)

8.5.10.2372 (from ASUS website)

None work.

This is VERY disappointing. I need to use the DVI output.

Looking at discussions this has been happening with various combinations of processors/boards for months and its still not fixed. When is it going to be fixed?

If not soon I'll have to buy a discrete graphics card and one of the major reasons for buying an intel processor instead of an AMD one will disappear.

R.Preddy

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Further thoughts.

Display is a viewsonic VX922

I've tried setting the video resolution to 800x600, rebooting, using the DVI cable, thinking it might be a compatibility issue between the monitor and the HD3000 at 1280, but still after the initial windows booting up screen the display goes blank on the DVI connector. Switching over the VGA connector at this point then shows the display screen. So it does not look like a resolution issue, more a generic fault in either the HD chipset or more likely the driver.

Just to reiterate, this monitor worked perfectly with a DVI 1280 input with a previous graphics card.

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem here - I can get a low res image if I boot into safe mode, but that's not a long term solution.

My backup option, using the VGA port, turned out to not work so well, as there's no red in the display.

Somebody help, please!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've just rescanned this board and google and see that nothing has changed since I posted this message. No new driver to try, no evidence that its been fixed that I can see. The problem of the chipset/software not working with DVI/HDMI is widespread.

Lesson learned. Next computer, don't use integrated intel graphics since their support for their product is very poor. Never had this problem with AMD!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have exactly the same problem. Asus P8H67-V MBoard and I5 2500K processor. Tried all graphic drivers. DVI works with Standard VGA driver but no signal as soon as windows driver is loaded! Intel really need to sort this out as problem exists with all types of Mboards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can't get my Toshiba P740 HD 3000 to connect to my HP 2509m monitor without blurry and overscanned image. Also misreported as digital tv instead of monitor. My guess is the HD 3000 has a ton of issues with monitors. My other notebooks have ATI and nvidia graphics and connect up with the HP 2509m monitor without a hitch with HDMI. My advise is to use the VGA instead or if you can upgrade to a discrete card then do it. I can't upgrade my toshiba being its a notebook. I will never order with intel graphics again.. ever. Everything they say about poor intel driver support is true! 😞

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A work around I have found once you have booted up via the Vga connector.

Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Disable Device

Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Enable Device

The HDMI / DVI connectors then start working for me. I have a Gigabyte H61MUSB3-B3 motherboard. Hope this helps. Hope intel fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for you effort. Tried it on my P8H67-V still the same problem. NO output on DVI, only through VGA. What a waste of money this has been. I too would advise all intended victims not to buy this half baked graphic/processor combination from intel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

sorry I have just opened another thread about a related topic. One question: Are your screens older models? I am having the same problem with a DVI-D-only screen from 2002. I am sure that it does not support the HDCP content protection system. I guess this is the reason, because a different screen works fine on DVI. So it is the driver-screen combination that fails. In fact, my screen is not even recognized by the HD3000 graphics, which I can see by using a second screen on a second graphics adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

yes it is an older monitor, an iiyama model. You are right, the problem is not that the DVI port doesn't work at all but that it fails to communicate with some monitors.

The problem lies with the driver software or the the output stages of the graphic hardware. The problem is not isolated to few individuals but widespread. You would think that software programers st Intel should be able to rewrite the code to solve the problem by now. Incompetence or indifference?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Incompetence or indifference?

If it is really due to the content protection system it could be intentional, and then there is probably no chance that it will be fixed. Enabling users to circumvent the content protection system out of generosity seems highly unlikely

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Surely content protection would be built into the decoding stage, not at the output stage. Not much point in protecting content if it can be viewed through a different monitor or even the same monitor through VGA. It seems more likely that they have not, or cannot, provide compatibilty with the older monitors. I have read that even some newer monitors are unable to display properly or not at all through DVI. Intel are not smart enough to figure out what is a hardware/software combination problem.

0 Kudos