Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel_Chipset_V9111020_XPVistaWin7 Installer Doesn't Complete

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am trying to run the Intel Chipset installer but it doesn't complete. The installer says that it is complete and the registry gets updated showing that the installler completed, but the installer finishes too fast to have actually completed, it doesn't show a running log of what is being updated and device manager doesn't show updated device drivers.

I am using an Asus P7P55D Pro motherboard and running Windows 7 64 Bit.

I am having audio/visual sync issues when watching streaming video, but I don't know if it is related.

Thanks,

Paul

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, Paul.

That's because there's nothing for it to do (though it's actually a really fast install regardless).

This article explains what it does: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/CS-030865.htm http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/CS-030865.htm

From it:

Do I need to install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility then? 

The best rule of thumb is that, unless you are installing an operating system, you don't need to install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility. If you do install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility after installing the operating system, and the installation program recognizes that some or all of the product names in Device Manager match the product names in the included INF files, it just won't install those INF files.

In the case of Windows 7, the product names in Device Manager all match the product names in the included INF files, so it doesn't need to do anything.

Sorry .. but if you're running into audio/visual sync issues, the chipset INF is not going to help .. (maybe if you start a thread listing your specific issues, someone can suggest something that might help?)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Because of some intended functionality, generic Windows 7 drivers match the names of updated intel drivers. However, if you want to take advantage of the newer intel drivers, you will have to extract the installer and update each driver in your device manager using the location you extracted the installer.

0 Kudos