Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

PCI-e only x1 at P55/i3

idata
Employee

I use a DP55WG, i3 processor, 2x2 Kingston KVR1333, Quadro NVS 290 x16 and Windows 7. But I get only a PCI-e link speed of x1. I tried other graphic cards, but still the same speed. If I use these cards in a gigabyte board, they shows x16. Is the i3 not fully working with the P55 chipset or is my board broken?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Try the other slot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is only one x16 slot, the other one is only x8. I tried different cards, but all was running only x1. Today I flashed the new bios, but still the pci-e speed problem and also I was unable to run 2x2Gb Kingston KVR1333 memories. Perhaps my board is broken.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As I wrote, I did flash the latest bios yesterday, but still the same problems. I think we can close here, because my board seems to be broken.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Missed that you flashed the new bios... there is a Auxiliary PCI Express graphics power connector SATA-style at the bottom last PCI slot is this connected by your PSU?

Clear CMOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I tried the aux-power, but the same issue. And it is not realy necessary, because I use a low power quadro nvs 290 with only 25 watts needed.

Only thing I did'nt found was the cmos reset switch. How can I do this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, newest chipset driver are installed and battery was removed. But no luck so far. I gave the board back to my reseller and he will test it.

0 Kudos