Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

intel i3 with intel 3000hd graphics no display after win 10 upgade

bchoy
Beginner

I have upgraded to win10 and my laptop no longer sees my screen. Output only to hdmi port. If I delete hd graphics driver laptop screen works but no output to hdmi. The new intel iris driver for windows 10 says I do not meet the minimum requirement for this driver. Any help??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is necessary to use the generic driver of Microsoft® Windows 10.

Intel® HD Graphics 3000 is not compatible with Microsoft® Windows 10.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343 Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Mike C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is necessary to use the generic driver of Microsoft® Windows 10.

Intel® HD Graphics 3000 is not compatible with Microsoft® Windows 10.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343 Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Mike C

bchoy
Beginner

Hi MIke,

I have uninstalled the hd driver and i get display with poor resolution. It then updates automatically to 4229 driver update. The display works fine until you reboot. This knocks out the display again and you have to hook up to a hdmi device and start the uninstall process again. I have found that setting close lid action to hibernate to be the only way of keeping the display active. So I am unable to restart my laptop if not near a hdmi device. Windows assessed my computer and said it was compatible to upgrade, this would suggest it isn't?

UPDATE: All resolved, having found a friend with an acer on hd3000 graphics working happily, I revisited the steps i had taken and realised the only thing i had not done was check for a bios update. I found this to be causing the problem. Bios updated and all is well

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad the system is working properly.

Mike C

0 Kudos